What does ‘being hypnotised’ involve?
People frequently have specific view as to what hypnotherapy involves, including what it feels like to be hypnotised because of stage hypnotists and television. Working with me doesn’t involve me putting you ‘under’ or 'into' a state of hypnosis.
Is it like stage hypnotism or TV?
Stage hypnotism and hypnosis is nothing like a hypnotherapy session (provided you are seeing a competent, professional hypnotherapist). There are no swinging watches, clucking chickens or being made to do something you don’t want to do.
How is Cognitive Hypnotherapy different from traditional hypnotherapy?
There are several key differences between Cognitive Hypnotherapy and traditional hypnotherapy, such as:
• Traditional hypnotherapy usually relies on set scripts delivered to the client. As a Cognitive Hypnotherapist I tailor positive suggestions to your individual goals. I am also able to draw on a range of therapeutic tools including EFT, positive psychology and NLP.
• Cognitive Hypnotherapy does not rely on you going into a ‘deep trance’ for it to be effective.
• Cognitive Hypnotherapy is the only model of hypnotherapy that has been compared favourably to other NHS talking therapies for anxiety and depression. See here for our research evidence.
• Cognitive Hypnotherapy allows for greater flexibility because it incorporates different therapeutic tools. This allows me to provide a completely bespoke treatment plan because your beliefs, memories and values are completely unique to you.
What is self-hypnosis?
Self-hypnosis refers to techniques that could help you to change your emotional state to the one you desire when you are living your everyday life. They are quick and straightforward to learn and don’t necessarily require you to close your eyes.
I’m nervous about opening up about my problem. How do I decide who is the right hypnotherapist for me?
• Have a chat with them. Most hypnotherapists understand that it requires courage to get in touch and will offer a free, no-obligation chat over the phone or face-to-face. I offer a free telephone conversation and I am happy to answer any of your queries by email. So, if you want to discuss what you would like help with, feel free to give me a ring or contact me via my contact form and I will give you a ring back. People often get a good idea of whether they would be happy opening up to someone once they have a chat with them.
• You would want to make sure they are registered with a professional regulator/membership organisation like the CNHC, the QCHPA or NCH.
• You could ask about their qualifications and where they trained. There is a real range in the quality of training and qualifications in hypnotherapy, so satisfy yourself that they are sufficiently qualified.
• Consider their location and availability. Would you prefer to see someone local to your home or your workplace? If you want to explore the benefits of Cognitive hypnotherapy and hypnosis in Bournemouth/Poole area then why not get in touch for a free, confidential chat with no obligation.
Where are you based?
I am Cognitive Hypnotherapy service provider in Poole and Online. If you have any questions, please contact me by email or telephone.